WE’RE LOOKING FOR A FEW GREAT VOLUNTEERS!
Passionate volunteers play a huge role in fueling the success of our mission to preserve and protect our shared history. NCHS wants to provide opportunities to let your enthusiasm and skills shine. If you love history, sharing your knowledge, working with people, exploring and preserving stories of the past, or being involved with an organization that makes a difference, then NCHS has a volunteer opportunity for you.
- Enhance the visitor experience at our historic sites
- Help catalog donations
- Clean and maintain the collection
- Provide behind-the-scenes support
- Welcome visitors to sites
- … and more!
- Museum greeters
- The History Center and Cox House need greeters to welcome visitors, take payment, answer questions, ring up shop purchases, and more
- Tour Guides
- Guides are needed to provide tours for visitors at the Cox House, Traverse des Sioux, and the Treaty Site History Center. Volunteers can work as many or as few tours as they wish.
- Technology assistance
- Archives and research assistance
- Collections care
- Work with staff to care for thousands of artifacts. A delicate touch and patience are required.
- Exhibit production
- Light construction, graphic design, handling artifacts, and more
- We have native plant gardens at the Cox House and History Center that need a green thumb caring for them.
- Currently, we have openings on the Exhibits, Membership, and Programs committees.