Circa 1873 set of architectural drawings shows both exterior and interior features of the Nicollet Hotel in St. Peter. The hotel opened in 1873 as the Nicollet House, and was one of the finest hotels in southern Minnesota. Edward P. Bassford was the hotel’s architect. The building ceased to be used as a hotel in 1974. Saved from impending demolition following the 1998 tornado in St. Peter, the building survived to become an apartment building, as well as the home of various businesses.