66250 County Road 21
New Ulm, MN 56073
(507) 354-8666 | (507) 934-2160 | firstname.lastname@example.org
9 miles northwest of New Ulm on Cty. Hwy. 21
Savor the smells and sights of a 1870s general store as you sample the wares or try a game of checkers and sit by the stove. Chat with the costumed staff, or sit on the porch and envision a steamboat plying the river below.
When the railroad passed by the small town of West Newton, the store was forced to close with much of the unsold inventory still on the shelves, where it remains today. Managed for the Minnesota Historical Society by the Nicollet County Historical Society.
- Saturday: Noon-4:00 pm
- Sunday: Noon-4:00 pm
- Monday-Friday: Closed
- $6.00 for Adults 18-64 years of age
- $5.00 for Seniors 65 years of age or older, college students & Veterans/Active Military
- $4.00 for Children 5-17 years of age
- Free for 4 years old and under, and members of Nicollet County and Minnesota Historical Societies
- $5.00 for Adult Group Tours
- $4.00 for Educational Groups. Book a field trip.
- Free for Chaperones
- Free for Nicollet County Schools
- Different fees may apply for special events